I working as a consultant at adesso SE in Stuttgart in the line of business "automotive and transportation". Before I started at adesso SE, I was a PhD student at the Human-Computer Interaction and Cognitive Systems group in the Institute of Visualization and Interactive Systems at the University of Stuttgart.
Prior to my PhD work I studied Software Engineering in Stuttgart. During my time as student, I worked as a teaching assistant in different areas, mainly at the Institute for Parallel and Distributed Systems and I worked as a student assistant at the Institut für Straßen- und Verkehrswesen, which are planning roads, transportation and traffic. Addionally, I did an internship at the FARO Scanner Production GmbH in the research & development department.
My research interests
My research focuses the attention management regarding ambient and adaptive notifications.
Today, notifications on the users' smartphones are mainly used to support communication with other persons. In the era of the Internet of Things and the Smart Home users will also receive notifications from smart home appliances in the future. Therefore, the amount of applications that will notify the users in the future will increase. However, the attention of the users is limited. Already, today notifications cause negative effects such as distractions, less productivity or even stress. I am interested in, how notification systems especially for the Smart Home should be designed to be obtrusive but still conveying the information.
- UbiTtention 2019 at UbiComp 2019
- UbiTtention 2018 at UbiComp 2018
- Integrating Physical Activity and Health Aspects in Everyday Mobility at UbiComp 2018
- Intelligent Notification and Attention Management on Mobile Devices at MUM 2017
- UbiTtention 2017 at UbiComp 2017
- UbiTtention at UbiComp 2016
- Be-greifbare Interaktion at Mensch und Computer 2016
- DAAN: Design of Adaptive and Ambient Notification Environments
- Student volunteer at Mensch und Computer 2019
- Student volunteer at CHI 2019
- Student volunteer at UbiComp/ISWC 2018
- Student volunteer at NordiCHI 2018
- Student volunteer at CHI 2018
- Student volunteer at UbiComp/ISWC 2017
- Programm commitee member at MoMM 2017
- Publication Chair at MUM 2016
- Student volunteer at IoT 2016
- Student volunteer at UbiComp/ISWC 2016
- Mensch-Computer-Interaktion (SS 2019)
- Medieninformatik (WS 2018/19)
- Mensch-Computer-Interaktion (SS 2018)
- Multimodal Interaction for Ubiquitous Computers (WS 2017/2018)
- Mensch-Computer-Interaktion (SS 2017)
- MCI-Kolloquium (WS 2016/2017)
- Fachpraktikum Interaktive Systeme (WS2016/17)
- Programmierung für Medieninformatik (WS 2015/2016)